Welcome to the Dyce Academy website.
Vision and Values
School Motto: Learning for Life
We shall endeavour to make Dyce Academy a caring learning community where individuality is nurtured in a safe, supportive and respectful environment.
Our students will become global citizens, able to contribute successfully and responsibly to society.
We shall strive to ensure that each person’s experience will be challenging, enjoyable and lead to successful learning.
The values which underpin this vision and against which we shall evaluate our performance are:
We will all be proud to be part of the Community that Dyce Academy serves.
The aims of Dyce Academy are to provide a wide range of challenging, interesting and enjoyable educational activities which will provide pupils with opportuntities for the development of:
- core areas including literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing, both within subject areas and across the curriculum
- knowledge and understanding
- abilities, talents and interests
- social skills, including the development of self-respect and consideration of others
within a structure which allows for the different needs of individual pupils.
We seek to achieve these aims by:
- creating a positive working atmosphere
- using a variety of learning and teaching approaches within a clearly structured framework
- drawing on a wide range of resources
- encouraging pupils to work towards realistic but challenging targets
- monitoring, recording and communicating individual pupil’s progress
- giving pupils some choice in, and responsibility for, their own learning
- evaluating current school practices on a regular basis
- encouraging and providing staff development opportunities
We believe that in achieving our aims we will enable young people to become successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors so that they may take an active and fulfilling role in the world.